S-5 Rib Bracket TD c/w MC Screws
S-5 Rib Bracket TD c/w MC Screws
S-5 Rib Bracket TD c/w MC Screws
RibBracket™ can be used to mount almost anything onto the most common exposed-fastened, trapezoidal roof profiles today. No messy sealants to apply! No chance for leaks! The RibBracket comes with a factory-applied EPDM rubber gasket seal already on the base, and the S-5!® patented reservoir conceals the EPDM from UV exposure, preventing drying and cracks. Installation is simple! The RibBracket is mounted directly onto the crown of the panel, straddling the profile. No surface preparation is necessary; simply wipe away excess oil and debris, align, and apply. Secure through the pre-punched holes using the appropriate fasteners or Bulb-tite rivets for the supporting roof material.RibBracket is the perfect match for our S-5-PV Kit, or any other ancillary application, without worrying about cold bridging! RibBracket is extremely economical and facilitates quick and easy installation. The slotted top hole, which bolts, simplifies alignment and maximizes flexibility in attaching ancillaries
- Flex-to-fit legs ensure proper fit
- Large channel above rib can be used for wire management
- Sheeting-only attachment can be placed anywhere along roof ribs
- Stainless-capped, self-piercing screws specifically designed to maximize holding strength & prevent swarf
- EPDM sealing washer
- Bracket allows for 4” (100 mm) of air space above rib
- 4 self-piercing screws and 1 M8 nut included
|Unit Of Measure
Please note in general for installations with S-5! Clamps:
- With very few exceptions, the load-bearing capacity of each individual S-5!® clamp is stronger than the load-bearing capacity of the roof panels or the profiled sheets and their attachment to the supporting structure. This applies not only to the normal clamps but also to the S-5!® Mini clamps. Therefore, the weak points are usually not the clamps, but the roofing and its fastening.
- The individual types of S-5! clamps are designed as described for the respective seam and profile types. However, new variants come onto the market regularly. To avoid possible damage, it is important to check the suitability of the clamps for the intended standing seam roof before installation.
- Please make sure that the load coming into the clamp will be taken by the structure of the roof. Assumption is that the determination has been made that the roof to which the S-5! clamps will be attached is structurally adequate. Any loads imposed on the S-5! clamps will be transferred to the panels. Panel seams must have sufficient flexural strength to carry these loads. Panels must also be adequately attached to the building structure, and the structure must be sufficient to carry these loads. In particular, the snow and wind loads, the additional loads from the installations attached to the clamps, as well as the increased loads in the edge and corner areas of the roof construction must be considered.
- A sufficient number of clamps must be provided. For statically relevant clamps, a distance of at least 500mm from the end of the standing seam profile must be maintained. RoofTech and the makers of the S-5! clamps make no representations with respect to these variables. It is the responsibility of the user to verify this information, or seek assistance from a qualified design professional or stress analyst, if necessary.
- Responsible for the stability of a building structure is the building owner or the owner or operator. The installer of the system is responsible not only for the system but also for the roof on which the system is installed. Whoever installs a system on an existing roof without having checked the stability beforehand, violates existing law! For critical installations, inquire for specific test data of ultimate tensile load on specific panel materials and seam types. The sufficient holding force of the roofing to the supporting or substructure must always be ensured. The sufficient holding force of the roofing on the supporting or substructure must always be guaranteed. Proof must be provided by the customer or installer. In cases of doubt, a structural engineer must be consulted to determine the loads and its effects.
- Please note the installation instructions of the respective S-5!® clamps and the other products used! Mounting the S-5!® clamps take care that the set screws and bolts are tightened with the right screw tension as written in each installation instruction (available in all boxes, on the homepage of RoofTech: (or please send us an inquiry). When tabled values are used, screw tensions should be verified and factors of safety should be used as appropriate. If you are missing important and necessary information, please request it from us.
- During the entire mounting period, it must be ensured that at least one copy of the corresponding mounting instructions is available on the construction site to all persons involved in the mounting. In case of non-observance of our assembly instructions and in case of use and combination of further components not purchased from us, we do not assume any liability for resulting defects and damages. The warranty is excluded in this respect.
- The thermally induced change in length of the roofing must not be hindered! With some roofs made of profiled sheets (e.g. with round bulb seams, snap folded seams, RibRoof seams, etc.), it must be ensured that the clamps in the sliding area of the sheets are not mounted on or next to the holders of the roofing. In the case of double standing seam roofing, the S-5!® E and B clamps can, under certain circumstances, hinder the thermally induced length change of the sheet if, despite the high clamping point of the S-5!® E and B clamps, the foot of a sliding clip extends into the clamping area of the clamp. In this case, the S-5!® E and B clamps should be placed at a distance of 25 mm from the sliding clips.
- When installing rigid objects such as rails, pipes, cable ducts, etc. on the clamps, they must be separated at regular intervals (max. 3m in the case of handmade standing seam roofs) in order to limit deformations due to thermally induced length changes (in lengthwise and horizontal direction).
- In the case of handcrafted metal roofing on wooden formwork, the edge and corner areas should not be covered with PV-modules due to the limited load-bearing capacity of the roofing and the adhesives. In the central area, the skipping of seams is usually not possible. Therefore, we recommend to install clamps on each seam. The installation of PV systems represents a punctual load entry; therefore, we recommend reduced clip distances and screwed clips. The mounting and fastening of the clamp should be carried out between the clips to achieve an optimal load sharing.
- Please observe the country-specific legal and official regulations for snow retention. Depending on the location of the building, height of the terrain above sea level, roof shape, roof pitch, type of metal roof and the respective holding strength of the S-5! clamps, the suitable snow guard systems must be professionally calculated and designed.
- The material properties of the respective metals, the combination with each other as well as the installation instructions and regulations of all manufacturers involved (including those of the metal roof) must be observed. If technical details are not described separately, this does not release the company carrying out the work from its obligation to check the individual case and clarify the correct technical facts beforehand.
- The installation of our products should only be carried out by qualified and professional specialists with experience in installing on roofs. During installation, the warranties of the installations, solar system, etc. and the roof as well as the respective regulations for work on roofs must be observed (e.g. the use of fall protection, scaffolding with safety gear from an eaves height of 3 m, etc.). The presence of two persons is mandatory for the entire installation process in order to ensure rapid assistance in the event of an accident.
- It must be ensured by the planner and the specialist company responsible for the installation that the planning and installation are carried out strictly in accordance with the national and site-specific building regulations, occupational safety and accident prevention regulations, standards and environmental protection regulations. Every person and company who plans and installs with our products is obliged to inform himself independently about all rules and regulations for technically correct planning and installation and to observe them. This also includes obtaining the current status of the necessary rules and regulations.
- For rooftop installations, the respective regulations for work on roofs must be observed (e.g. the use of fall protection, scaffolds with safety gear from an eaves height of 3 m, etc.). The presence of two persons is mandatory for the entire assembly process in order to ensure rapid assistance in the event of an accident.
- S-5!® Warning: The S-5! clamp is a handy gadget for a great many uses, but will not perform miracles. Please use the products responsibly! Visit the website www.australiansunenergy.com.au for available load test results. The user and/or installer of these parts is responsible for all necessary engineering and design to ensure the S-5! clamps have been properly spaced and configured.
- Notice to S-5! users: Due to the many variables involved with specific panel products, climates, snow melt phenomena, and job particulars, the manufacturer cannot and does not express any opinions as to the suitability of any S-5! assembly for any specific application and assumes no liability with respect thereto. S-5! products are tested for ultimate holding strength on various profile types and materials.
- The user and/or installer bears also the responsibility not only for the professional installation, but also for the roof on which he is mounted. The user and/or installer must always clarify in advance the application possibilities and application of our products in connection with the other used materials and products at the single project.
- The user and/or installer of all our products is responsible for all necessary engineering and design to ensure that the S-5! clamps and other products has been properly spaced and configured. It is the responsibility of the user to verify this information, or seek assistance from a qualified design professional or stress analyst, if necessary. Australian Sun Energy, the makers and distributor of S-5! clamps make no representations with respect to these variables.
- For critical installations, inquire for specific test data of ultimate tensile load on specific panel materials and seam types. When tabled values are used, screw tensions should be verified and factors of safety should be used as appropriate. RoofTech and the manufacturer expresses no opinions as to the suitability of the S-5! products for any specific application or project condition.
- S-5! Clamps are not suitable as fall protection applications. The S-5! clamps may only be used for this purpose in a certified and approved fall protection system. The respective system provider is responsible for this and must provide proof of this.
- Australian Sun Energy Pty Ltd, S-5!® – Metal Roof Innovations. and the other manufacturers of our product range recommend in principle that the planned installation, PV system, snow guard system, etc. should be verified by a qualified professional who is responsible for the snow and wind loads, the additional loads from the installations attached to the clamps, the statics and assembly as well as the planning and construction of and on metal roofs.
- The respective installation instructions must always be observed. However, the respective installation instructions do not release the executing company from the obligation to clarify in advance the possible uses and applications of our products, also in connection with the other materials used, on the individual object. Australian Sun Energy Pty Ltd, S-5!® – Metal Roof Innovations Ltd. and the manufacturers of our other products assume no responsibility and liability for assembly, suitability and applications.
- The installation instructions and more information to download under “Information”. We would also be pleased to send you the respective installation instructions and the requested information. We look forward to your message or call.
- S-5!® products are protected by multiple U.S. patents. European patents are also applied for and pending under the Patent Cooperation Treaty with divisional filing rights retained.
- We assume no liability for errors on our website and in our documents. Pictures and drawings in our documents and webpages serve to clarify individual detail designs and are only recommendations. They can represent development stages, which are not available in such a way. The contents, logos, photos and graphics may only be used or passed on after consultation with Australian Sun Energy Pty Ltd,. The content and works provided on these Web pages are governed by the copyright laws of Australia. Duplication, processing, distribution, or any form of commercialization of such material beyond the scope of the copyright law shall require the prior written consent of its respective author or creator.
- The business relationship is subject to Australian law, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Our General Terms and Conditions of Business (GTC) apply, which we will be happy to provide you with at any time. The linking of external websites to the Australian Sun Energy website is only permitted with the consent of Australian Sun Energy and if no rights of Australian Sun Energy are violated.
No liability for printing errors. Technical changes subject to modification.
© Copyright Australian Sun Energy and S-5!® – Metal Roof Innovations, 01-2021.
All rights reserved.